Monday, March 30, 2009

My Time Here In Mexico

I am really enjoying my time here in Mexico. I have really learned a lot since I've been here. I have learned a lot of spanish, a lot about myself, and a lot about taking care of children.

I go to my friends house every weekend and they help me with my spanish and I help them with their english. I have really enjoyed staying with them and getting to know them.

The things I have learned about myself are some of my weaknesses in life (patience, serving others, taking time out of my day to spend with God, staying up to late and having a hard to time waking up the next morning because of it).

Going to church, spending time with my friends, and listening to and reading things in spanish has really helped me to learn my spanish. It is by no means very good, but it is coming along. I have found it to be really fun learning a new language.

Prayer Requests:

1) That I would be faithful in reading my Bible, praying, and having a devotional every day.

2) That I would discipline myself more and go to bed earlier so that I could wake up more easily in the morning and be ready on time to go downstairs and help Aimee out with kids.

3) For me to listen more to godly counsel that my friends and family give me.

4) For to have patience and not get frustrated with the kids when I am having a hard day with them.

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment