Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back Home

Well, I just spent three really good weeks in Florida with my sister Alisha and her family. It was really good getting to spend time with her and getting to know her all over again. While I was there, we went to the beach, we went swimming, played games, talked, and took some walks together.
After those three weeks together in Florida, her and her parents and brother and me and my parents all went to Mississippi to go to court. Alisha and her mom and I all had to testify against my and Alisha's biological father. The court date was July 1st and 2nd. The first day we just picked the jury. The second day my Aunt Patty, a couple other people, and Alisha and I testified. Not long after Alisha testified, Michael (my biological father) decided to plead guilty. This was a big shock to us all. We were all able to be in the court room when he pleaded guilty and then he was handcuffed and sent to jail. We don't know what his sentence in prison will be yet, but we will find out in a couple of weeks. That day was one of the hardest days I have ever had and I don't think I would have been able to get through it without God and all my family and friends there with me.
I am really praying that Michael will come to know Christ as his Savior while he is in prison. I am glad to know that him being in prison will help him to stop drinking so that he can live longer, that he will no longer be able to hurt anyone else, and that he will get excellent health care.
It is so nice to be back home now. I am excited to start studying for my Ged, take my Ged tests, register for college, go to Alaska and Oregon, and then start college. I am super excited about starting college this Fall. I can't wait to find out all that God has planned for me in the next few years in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Great entry baby! We love you, are proud of you and so glad to have you home! Daddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you honey, and are SO glad you are back home in Montana!!

    ReplyDelete